Here are the rules:
- Copy and paste the Award graphic in a post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, and tell them by posting a comment on their blog.
Seven Things about Me:
- I love food (just incase you didn’t already know).
- The Vancouver Canucks are my favorite sports team. Go Canucks Go!
- I’m afraid of bees. I’m convinced that the bees can sense my fear and somehow always end up buzzing around me and no one else.
- I can’t swim. Laugh if you must.
- I don’t have any pets because of my allergies.
- If I was allergy free for one day, the first foods I would eat would be: a fried egg, a croissant, pizza and ice cream. 🙂
- I love to watch Big Bang Theory because it reminds me of the unique and at times strange people I have worked with in my career.
List of Bloggers that Inspire:
I’m new to the blogging world so I don’t have a list of 15. So I’m going to bend the rules a bit, and just post a short list:
- Its a Hard Nut Life: This Blogger write about an allergy to nuts. The post about the Blogger’s social experiences, illustrates exactly how difficult (but not impossible) it is to live with allergies. I really enjoyed the post about dating, and nut allergies. I’m inspired by this Blogger’s ability to just live life to the fullest even with such a severe allergy to nuts.
- 52Scoops: Artisan ice cream recipes for every week of the year – It might seem strange for me to put a blog about Ice Cream on my list of inspiring Bloggers, but here it is! Karin (the ice cream maker) and her taste tester Tavis have managed to post a new and unique ice cream recipe for 52 straight weeks. If I could have ice cream, I would eat all 52 ice creams they have posted. They all sound SO delicious. Karin is inspiring because of her dedication and her creativity for 52 weeks of ice cream! Makes me wish I was not allergic to dairy! I wonder what her next blog will bring? I am sure it will be food related.
- Life of HeArt: Rambles & Rants | Musings & Art – This Blogger writes about her Faith and how it inspires her to live her life. I appreciate her honest and thoughtful posts about all aspects of her life.
- Ingredients: All about cosmetics, chemistry and fashion – Louise writes about cosmetics AND the chemistry behind the cosmetics. Her background is in Science so she knows of what she speaks. I love her objective and honest reviews of cosmetic products. Her reviews help me understand the science behind all those lotions and potions I put on my face. With eczema I must be so careful about the things I apply to my skin. Louise also writes about her love of fashion. She inspires me because she pursues what she loves through her blog and has found a way to mesh her love of fashion/beauty with science!
- Lastly, this list would not be complete without The Food Allergy Chronicles. Susan writes about her family and their life with allergies. The challenges they face together as a family is inspiring. Susan’s post about how her son overcame the skin reactions that he’d get when he played hockey was truly an inspiring story of courage and the will to not let anything stop him from doing what he loved. I know (from experience) that fighting through a challenge like that is such a huge victory. The recipes that Susan posts on her blog help to inspire me to cook…on the (rare) occasion I’m dining in, instead of dining out! 🙂
Thanks Bloggers for all the inspiration!